Reset Password

Your search results

Private Rental

13/04/2017 by adminAsh

Private Rental, also known as self-managed accommodation is where you enter into a rental agreement with a landlord or property owner. Be aware, however, that finding private accommodation can sometimes be difficult in a new country. If you want to live in shared or private rental accommodation, the Universities Accommodation Services can help you find quality rental options through its rental database available via the links below. Private rental offers more independence, and you will be responsible for all utility costs such as;

  • Gas
  • Water
  • Electricity
  • Internet access
  • As well as all meals.

Options are available to rent properties that are furnished, partly furnished, or unfurnished. If you are unsure about this option, StudyAdelaide urges you to contact the University Accommodation Service at your institution. StudyAdelaide reminds you that sending money from your home country prior to your arrival to secure share or rental accommodation is discouraged.

While there are a large number of websites that promote private rental options, we recommend that you use sites that are managed by licensed real estate agents. The following sites are popular and list a large number of properties that are privately rented.

*Please note that you must be a registered student of one of these institutions to access listings on these properties.

Fraud Prevention

In all cases, it is recommended that you do not transfer payment until you have inspected the property, or at the very least had a trusted friend inspect the property on your behalf.